Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

On Monday Kyle took the kids to the pumpkin patch to get some pumpkins!
How do I not have a picture of the finished products? I'm too lazy to go take a picture now.
We are about to go on a big trip so today after lunch we ran up to Kyle's office to check our teeth out. This was Joslyn's first time in the chair! She was so cute. She kept giggling and saying it tickled.
At the elementary school where my kids go, they don't dress up in costume on Halloween! Weird right? No parade of costumes, nothing! It's a little anticlimatic, but at the same time, it was kind of nice.  We didn't have to get ready for Halloween until the evening. 

Our ward had a chili cookoff/carnival/trunk or treat tonight on Halloween for Halloween! It started at 6, so at 5:30 we took our kids around our small neighborhood for some traditional trick or treating! We never taught Josi what to do. Somehow, it came naturally to her. She got it right away and loved it!

My little pioneer. 




Here we are at the ward party.  I traded Joslyn's bonnet out for one that fit her a little better. 


This girl makes the best faces.  She had the time of her life. 


I hung out in the trunk with Nicole Crabtree and Renee Pulliam. 


It was a fun night.  We stayed to clean up and we still got home around 8:30.  The kids got to pass some candy out to some late night trick or treaters and that was a fun bonus. 

I also want to mention that yesterday, Tuesday, was a long day for my family.  Marion went in early for her surgery, and we found out in the afternoon that the surgery went well, the biopsy was taken, the shunt put in, all with no problems!  It was such great news; we were so relieved and so so grateful.  She's still got a long way to go, but I was so grateful to get through this first step with no complications.   

4 comments:

ashleyboice said...

Josie makes me want to die, she's so cute! Looks like fun!

Kim said...

So cute!

Angie said...

cute cute cute. I do miss your matching outfits for the twins, but I guess it had to happen at some point right? haha.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed this post but they sure are cute. I too was a little sad no matching costumes but I bet it was such a relief to not have stress regarding it. hope your trip was fun. daishan